Friday, June 10, 2011

The Poverty Ridge Hawk Stalkers





Here's the big excitement in the neighborhood. We have a hawk living at 23rd and T. He's way up in a redwood tree where he lives with his wife and apparently children.




These are a couple of really bad pictures of the hawk eating. I'm just using my little Canon point and shoot, and the hawk is really high up in the tree. Right after he caught this one, the other hawk, the one we think is the mother, also caught something. They're pretty noisy about it. Today Tim and Lynda said they could see babies in the nest.






The last picture here is the remainder of dinner after the hawk ate. Sort of a messy eater.

It's really cool to have this bird of prey in the neighborhood. We've been stalking the birds every day for about 5 days now. I just wish they'd get lower in the trees so I could get a better picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment