Sunday, January 1, 2012
OUR FABULOUS NEW YEAR'S EVE
NEW BLOG ADDRESS FOR NEXT YEAR. www.lastyearoftheworld.blogspot.com.
There will be no pictures, because I didn't take any, and for good reason. New Year's Eve, the night that is supposed to set the tone for the whole year at the stroke of midnight, was an even more ridiculous one than last year, where we sat and watched tv and had a glass of wine at midnight. there were similarities, however. But I digress. First of all, both John and I have colds, and I have adopted the male response to minor illness, which is to fall into a gigantic slump and assume I will never again be healthy, and that the spectre of death lurks just around the corner. Add to that the total chaos in the house because we just got new doors for the kitchen cabinets which need to be painted, and all the stuff that belongs in those cabinets is all over the house.
The stuff needed to be out while the doors were installed, but doesn't need to be out any more, so I spent most of the day cleaning out the cabinets, which were obviously last cleaned when they were last painted, which was 2007, and then replacing the stuff. I don't want to cook anything, because the new wood is raw, and I don't want to get grease or water on them before they're painted.
After I finished that job, Lynda came by and we went for a walk, and then she and I went to the Crocker to see the Clayton Bailey show, which was really nifty. http://www.crockerartmuseum.org/art/upcoming-exhibitions/624-clayton-baileys-world-of-wonders. (Sorry, I'm doing this on the iPad so I can't make the link live.). That is a really entertaining exhibit. For instance, did you know that Koehler, the plumbing fixture company, often has an artist in residence to use their plumbing products in art work?
Following that, we came home, and fixed a dinner of bizarre soup made from the leftovers of Chinese dinner the night before. I would call it nutritious and leave it at that. About 9 pm Tim and Lynda came over with some cookies and we stood up in the sun porch and watched the early bird fireworks in old Sacramento through the trees. I wanted to take Lynda's picture, since she was in her bathrobe at 9 pm, but she was too smart for that.
By midnight, John and I were still up, but barely, and didn't even want to bother opening wine, so we had some Martinellis and went back up in the sun porch and watched another set of fireworks through the trees. We also watched some neighbors who were again shooting off bottle rockets. So there's our big excitement. Just try to outdo that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment