Monday, July 25, 2011

A NEW YORK DAY WITH NICE WEATHER YAY

First pair
What an amazing difference.  Today it was only about 80, if that, and delightful.  
Second pair
I decided it was a good day to visit Jeffrey's Manhattan Eyeland, my favorite glasses store in NYC and tried on a few pairs of glasses.    I haven't ordered anything yet.  I like most of these, but I've already set the bar pretty high on glasses.
 Comments welcome.

Third pair


Fourth pair
After the big shopping spree, I came back to the  apartment and played with the cats -- they absolutely love one of those fishing line toys that acts like a bird.  They are both good catchers.  We went to a cafe and had a nice lunch, then down to Times Square to get tickets for Priscilla Queen of the Desert.  And of course as long as we were down there, we should go check out the bead stores.  Hard to believe I'd be interested in that.  There are so many bead stores around 7th Avenue, that's it's just like heaven for me. If you look closely at this picture, you'll see three bead shops in a row.   John was a good sport, also because he got to stand around and oogle cute NY girls.  We went to Pret a Manger (which we think is an English chain because that's where we first saw it, to have coffee, and there were a whole bunch of girls speaking French.  They seemed to be on a tour or something.  They looked just like NY women of that age -- 20-something, except they were all wearing athletic shoes, and NY women would apparently rather die than go out in athletic shoes, unless they are on their way to the gym.  For as much as they walk, I can't understand how their feet can stand it. 


So we came home, had a meal at home, and then went to see Priscilla, which was really fun.  These are pictures I downloaded, since you can't take pictures in the theater.  But  these pictures are pretty tame.  Priscilla only got one or two Tonys, but one of them was for costumes, and frankly, I can't imagine how they could possibly have given the Tony to anyone else.  There were so many cute little things in the show, like a time when there were a group of tourists, and the Scottish tourists came out in the dance number doing Scottish dances.  The guys in the ensemble were wonderful, and it was just a really fun show. 

And finally I'm adding a picture to show why you don't actually want to live here.  I cut off the bottom of the sign, but I think it says Exotic cars add'l $40.  I have no idea how exotic the car has to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment