![]() |
| Roosevelt Island cable car |
![]() |
| cable car coming |
A beautiful day today and we decided to go to Roosevelt Island. Roosevelt Island is an island in the middle of the East River which at one time housed a mental institution at one end, which is still there but not in use
![]() |
| Roosevelt Island from Tram |
![]() |
| Queensboro Bridge |
![]() |
| U.N. from Roosevelt Island |
After we left Roosevelt Island, we went to Greenwich Village because I found a new, even cooler glasses place than Jeffrey's Manhattan Eyeland. This place is called Artsee Eyes. They basically have all the frames in drawers which they will show you personally with a lot of advice. I was helped by Jason, who is a real hottie. I'm sure he came to NY because he's so cute, and this job is only until he makes it big on the stage. Anyway, if you voted on other glasses, I went with something entirely different and didn't remember to get any pictures. They have red and brown and bigger glasses area than what I have now.
After glasses shopping we walked around the Village a bit and stopped in to a happy hour -- mostly for the AC because by this afternoon, it's getting pretty warm again.
Dinner was at an Indian restaurant called Gandhi's. I've put a picture of it here which I took at the time of day we seniors like to go have dinner. By the time we left, the place was full. We didn't have a big meal, just biryani and chicken masala, but we got complimentary rice pudding and Indian tea.
After dinner, we of course stopped once more at GROM, the gelato place, because after all, it was on the way back to the subway, so we had to have some. After we gorged once more, we headed home. Stopped by the drugstore on the way from the subway to the apartment, and just as we got about a half block from the apartment, it started pouring rain. One of those things those of us who live in Sacramento never think about happening.
Tomorrow we have to get up early because the cleaning lady is coming.







No comments:
Post a Comment